Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Combining Email, Search, Social and PR for a Content Marketing Campaign: 6 Tactics to Generate Surge in Visitor Traffic
You know I'm a big believer in integrated marketing. Now that Social Media is making a surge in our marketing plans, I found this article on Marketing Sherpa interesting as it summarizes what we should do better:
Marketing teams often focus tactics and goals in a particular channel, overlooking how these channels can complement one another. With a bit of planning, a campaign can harness the strategic value of email, search, social media and other outlets for a single purpose. See how an online luggage retailer created a premium report based on a survey of e-newsletter subscribers and captured 5x more blog traffic."
Their blog traffic increased 518% Y/Y and additionnally the report’s landing page had a 16% lower bounce rate than the site’s average, 29% of report downloads came from referring websites, 22% of downloads were referred by search engines.
The tactics used:
- Tactic #1. Use search metrics to research potential report topics
- Tactic #2. Build an online survey
- Tactic #3. Send survey request to email database
- Tactic #4. Host report download on a dedicated landing page
- Tactic #5. Pitch report to media outlets
- Tactic #6. Use social channels, even if you don’t have them
P.S. link related to this bcase Creative Samples from Suitcase.com’s premium report marketing campaign