Thursday, June 04, 2009

Larry Ellison and Scott McNealy at Java One video



What a pleasure to see these two great leaders on stage again. How could one imagine Scott would love to go on stage with Sam Palmisano ;-)

Many have been asking me about the underlying strategy of Sun's acquisition by Oracle, Scott gives it a clue: free advertising for winning the America's cup and cutting travel expenses on Java One Japan by doing it in Larry's garden.

We do not know what's next, but what is appearing more clearly is that the Oracle/Sun combination is bound to become another IT giant that can compete head to head with HP and IBM. As Scott would typically say: go kick some butts gang!

Good luck to them, it's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

2 comments:

Allen said...

I appreciate the labour you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.I came to your blog just when I was surfing on this topic. I am happy that I found your blog and information I wanted.

Unknown said...

Thanks Allen.
I wish I could post more...